"Al Dente" Cooking Contest
A downloadable game for Windows
When cooking becomes a boring daily chore and lacks any thrill, there's no better way to rekindle the spark by challenging your skills in a cooking contest!
"Al Dente" Cooking Contest is a short mini-game that features a 3-round cooking challenge against 3 different chefs. Help Dylan to carefully choose what dishes to prepare in order to please the judges, who have different tastes. Try to beat the 3 chefs, win the contest and claim the prize!
The game is part of Angoraverse, a fictional universe I created for my games.
- 24 dishes to prepare, using 4 different spices that will affect both the dishes and the judges scores.
- A total of 6 judges with their own tastes who will rate your dishes.
- 3 chefs to defeat.
- Randomized judges.
- Short and silly storyline with a few small secrets.
- Overused Emotion Balloon Icons.
- You can make pizza in this game. That's totally a feature!
- Also features our all time favourite hero as a judge: Harold! *waits for applause*
- Around 30 minutes.
- Pay attention to the introduction of every judge, it will give a vague hint about what they might like.
- The judges appear randomly and have specific likes and dislikes, although they might compromise with some dishes. It's advised to take notes and experiment while you play.
- Since this is a short minigame, you can't save. If you lose the round, you can try again without needing to restart everything.
- You have to beat the score of the enemy chef. Since you are the challenger, if you have a tie score, the enemy chef will win.
Selection - Arrow keys, Mouse, Numpad
Confirm - Enter, Spacebar, Left Mouse Click, Z
Cancel - Esc, Right Mouse Click, X
This short mini-game has been made in a couple of days (1 day for developing and 1 day for testing) using Rpg Maker MV for the March Madness Mini-Game Contest on RPG Maker Web. It's also available here and in this page.
Graphics & Sound Editing
Evil March - Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
March of the Spoons - Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Mischief Maker - Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
Special Thanks goes to <Susan> for annoying the hell out of me during the whole development.
Copr. 2017 Dalph & Kadokawa
Harold by @Kanki (my little sister)
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!
And please report any bugs (if you find them).
v1.0 - 03/27/17 - First Release
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.